New4all Recruitment Solution are recruiting on behalf of our client in Burntwood.
Job Role: Upholsterer
Aim of Role: To produce high quality seam stressing of upholstery items for a wide variety of wheelchairs. Also altering and testing new materials.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: £9.00 PH (Depending on Experience)
- Must be punctual with a good time and attendance record.
- Other duties may be necessary as and when required to fulfil business needs.
- Should be self-motivated and able to work in a demanding environment.
- The job holder will be a team player willing and able to take part in their colleagues’ tasks when needed
- Knowledge/Experience with sewing machines.
- Background in upholstery (Preferred).
- Perform role in accordance with all relevant quality standards and adhere to all relevant processes / policies within the GMS.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety / Environmental and Welfare requirements.
- Ensure general housekeeping requirements are adhered to.
- Sew a wide variety of items for specific chair as requested on specs.
- Produce patterns for new designs and one-off pieces.
- Read and interpret CAD drawings to produce canvas for specific chairs.
- Provide input on change to team on changes to products.
- Cut foam accurately.
- Accurately cut out patterns from specification sheet.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping.
- Resolve any basic machine problems and report in a timely manner.
- Under take any other responsibilities that may be asked of.